Thursday, October 8, 2009

my dad always told me...


At the WorshipGod 2009 conference. C.J. Mahaney and Bob Kauflin talk about how we can plan thoroughly but also be led by the Holy Spirit in corporate worship.

This is a very good word. Working in both Charismatic churches and Reformed churches I'm very familiar with both of these worlds and my belief is that we need both. On so many occasions God called His people to prepare for His moving in very specific ways (from Elijah prepping the sacrifice on Carmel--to the Disciples going and waiting in the upper room). He is a God of unfathomable power but He is also a God of order.

My dad who is an Assemblies of God pastor always told me, "Tim, work like it's up to you but pray like it's up to God."

To be honest, the danger is that when you work like it's up to you--it's easy to forget that it's up to God.

-timothydavid

No comments:

Post a Comment