Saturday, January 9, 2010

On Our Knees

we can read every book on leadership and spiritual growth ever written,
we can think and ponder relentlessly over how to build a successful ministry,
we can find the spiritual masters of our world and ask them what we should do to bring growth to our churches,

and yet even with all these things if we don't get down on our faces and simply obey what the living, loving Spirit of God guides us to do, I think we're missing the point.

By the way the "getting down on our faces and seeking Him" is one of the things we need to be doing during our worship times together (figuratively and/or literally). This is something each person must choose to do for themselves--no worship leader can do it for you.

A.W. Tozer writes: "Corporate worship is perfected when individual worship is purified."

Let's seek Him and obey Him as we love Him together.

ISAIAH 66

1 This is what the LORD says:
"Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me?
Where will my resting place be?
2 Has not my hand made all these things,
and so they came into being?"
declares the LORD.
"These are the ones I look on with favor:
those who are humble and contrite in spirit,
and who tremble at my word.


Love you all,
timothydavid

2 comments: